This work helps policymakers, advocates, and rising leaders increase their capacity by aligning with other advocates, departments, sectors, and levels of government to use data and evidence to support the whole child. We support leaders’ efforts to:
- Align fragmented policies that favor system-focused rather than child- and youth-focused outcomes.
- Use data and research that make the best use of the best types of evidence to not only justify program spending, but also support program improvement.
- Advocate effectively, identifying tangible, measurable ways to advance social and racial equity.
- Communicate powerfully to inspire action with localized data, success examples, and leader stories.
ADVOCACY AND NARRATIVE POWER
- SparkAction.org is a collaborative online journalism and advocacy platform to mobilize action for and by young people.
- The Forum’s Opportunity Youth Congressional Liaisons Program connects young people to deep skill-building in government relations and advocacy.
- The Forum is proud to be the founding partner of the youth-led YouthActionHour.org, a youth-of-color-led media platform linking stories, data, and action to amplify the power of young leaders.
- The Children’s Cabinet Networks bring together federal, state, and local leaders to assess and align government policies horizontally (across systems) and vertically (across levels of government).
- The Opportunity Youth Network (OYN) brings together the country’s prominent philanthropists, corporations, federal government officials, nonprofits, and young leaders around a goal to reduce the number of opportunity youth by one million every five years.
- Opportunity Nation is a bipartisan, national campaign comprised of more than 350 cross-sector organizations working together to expand economic mobility and close the opportunity gap in America.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The Forum provides support to the following field-building projects: